this is it! the conclusion of the mamahood series. we officially have a toddler in our house and i have been back to work for two weeks now. this past year just flew by and i terribly miss my full days at home with her every single day. i even have this crazy amount of anxiety for every minute that stalls me from getting to her after 5pm. seriously guys, it's something i'm really trying to control. you have no idea how many times i've dreamed of having a go go gadget car after work. i plan to do a post on her first birthday in a bit so i'll save the sap for that (because there is a lot!) but for any new parent about to start their journey with a babe, or for any parent currently in the throws of the first year i leave you with this: document as much as you can. when you can. every parent young and old told us it goes by so fast and in just one short year, i fully agree.
LAAV on mamahood, month 11:
- tooth count: six
- she said "dadda"!!!! (and can't stop)
- she stands on her own for a few seconds
- if there is a snuggle to steal i'll do it
- she finally took to formula after jay tricked her by putting strawberries in her sippy nozzle- i couldn't be more grateful it worked and more bummed i didn't think of it first.
- she still hates grass
- i felt so confident about her going to daycare and me going to work until one afternoon i just started crying making her a peanut butter sandwich. jay had to take over lunch at that point.
- i cried a few times after that peanut butter moment too
- she plays "sleeps" anywhere, anytime. just ask her to play sleep and she'll tuck her hands under her belly and lay down stiff as a board
- book winners of the month: hand, hand, fingers, thumb, the going to sleep book,christmas touch and feel book, and goodnight colorado
- she loves pulling all my makeup out of my makeup bag
- baths are her favourite thing (thanks to everyone for the tips on washing her hair without getting water on her face!)
- when she first wakes up in the morning, she'll hand me her teddy bear right away. i hug it and give it back to her.
- at nap time i ask if she wants to take a snooze and she'll nod her head yes
- it hit me while clothes shopping for her that at 1 year she is no longer a baby, she is a toddler (i may have cried here too)
- she likes to do walking laps around her crib before falling asleep
- she practices standing on anything she can simultaneously stopping my heart every time she does
- the only kisses she gives out are to herself in the mirror
hope you had as much fun reading as i did sharing.
for the full mamahood series click here!